Q: Beep/alarm no longer work on key fob

The beep and the emergency alarm do not work on my key fob. However, it will lock the doors and the lights still flash. The horn still honks also. What will fix this?

I can think of two possible causes of this issue. One could be that the security system on your vehicle uses a separate siren from that of the horn and this siren has gone bad. The second possible cause of this issue would be that there is a fault in the module that controls the security system.

The module is like the computer that tells all the parts of the system what to do. In this instance, the module would be telling the horn to honk whenever the lock or panic button are pressed. For best results, I would recommend having this issue inspected by a qualified technician who is proficient in theft system diagnosis.