Q: 2012 vw passat oil pressure light came on checked oil full, still comes on

oil pressure light came on oil is full

Oil Pressure Sensor Replacement $88.87 - $220.77 Get a Quote

I believe you may be having a problem with your oil pressure sending unit. This is the part that is responsible for sending a signal to your oil pressure light. If no pressure is sensed by the sending unit, the light will be illuminated. However, if the switch is faulty, this can cause the vehicle to think that it has low oil pressure when it really doesn’t. I would recommend having your oil pressure sending unit inspected and replaced if necessary.