Q: My Land Rover Will not go in reverse,Only forward. It selects in the R position but will not back up.

What is causing the Land Rover not to go in Reverse gear?

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 2003 Land Rover Freelander. If the car goes into reverse, but does not move, this suggests a faulty clutch pack problem in your transmission. This may also suggest potentially a faulty transmission control module, which is a unit that controls input into the transmission and operates the various solenoids and other electrical components in the transmission. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your car’s gear shifting problems and make the necessary repairs.

3. My Land Rover Will not go in reverse,Only forward. It selects in the R position but will not back up.