Q: My Land Rover Will not go in reverse,Only forward. It selects in the R position but will not back up.

asked by on September 28, 2016

What is causing the Land Rover not to go in Reverse gear?

Not able to change gears Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 2003 Land Rover Freelander. If the car goes into reverse, but does not move, this suggests a faulty clutch pack problem in your transmission. This may also suggest potentially a faulty transmission control module, which is a unit that controls input into the transmission and operates the various solenoids and other electrical components in the transmission. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your car’s gear shifting problems and make the necessary repairs.