Exception in rendering!

Message: window is not defined

ReferenceError: window is not defined
    at new c (/tmp/execjs20161208-80463-8zvt81js:136:3912)
    at m.mountComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-80463-8zvt81js:47:15602)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-80463-8zvt81js:49:31860
    at a.r.perform (/tmp/execjs20161208-80463-8zvt81js:47:12503)
    at Object.a [as renderToString] (/tmp/execjs20161208-80463-8zvt81js:49:31821)
    at r (/tmp/execjs20161208-80463-8zvt81js:50:21164)
    at Object.S.ReactOnRails.serverRenderReactComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-80463-8zvt81js:32:6073)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-80463-8zvt81js:173:8), <anonymous>:10:23)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-80463-8zvt81js:173:8), <anonymous>:17:3)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-80463-8zvt81js:173:8

Q: Crank no start - 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe

I recently changed the starter on my santa fe and it started up fine. On the way home, I got about half a mile down the road sitting at a red light and my engine cut out. I tried turning it back on but the it wouldn't start all the way. It turns over just fine but won't actually start all the way. I've checked the fuel injectors and I get fuel to the engine. My alternator is fine, the engine ran when I disconnect the battery. I've also checked my spark plugs and they only seem to be a year or two old. I've had friends of mine help me work on it and we think it's either my coil pack that's bad, or its the crankshaft positon sensor. Is there a simple way to test either of these parts to see if they are faulty, or is there something else that could be wrong with it?

A: Hey there. I would expect that you have a C...

Hey there. I would expect that you have a Check Engine light on, and there are problem codes set which would be helpful. Leave the coil wiring connected, remove a spark plug, keep the metal casing grounded, and turn the engine over. If you have regular spark pulses, your coil and crankshaft position sensor are probably OK.

If you have no regular spark, the coil pack is suspect. If you have a regular spark, then spritz a bit of start fluid into the intake and attempt to start it again. If it starts momentarily, you have a fuel problem (low fuel pressure from a clogged filter, or weak fuel pump).

One of these 2 tests should point you in the right direction. Given that the vehicle is not drive-able to a parts store or service center, I would recommend having a no-start inspection completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic. They will be able to diagnose this problem, get an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.