Q: New refrigerant only temporarily fixes air conditioning

When the air conditioning is on, the air comes out at room temperature. When new refrigerant is added, it works again but only for a few weeks.

Based upon your description, it appears you have a refrigerant leak. If you have inserted refrigerant that has ’UV Dye’ included, detecting the leak is helpful with a ’UV light’. There are four major components linked together with hoses and brackets. Any leak may be evident with an oily ’UV’ residue. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic can assist in finding and repairing any leaks.