Q: My car wont start and my trunk won't open

asked by on October 11, 2016

The other day my car was working perfect, but when i made it home and tried to leave again it wouldnt start. But a few times before, i would crank it then it would act like it would stuck like it didnt wanna stop cranking. But now my car wont start, my windows wont go up or down, and i cant pop my trunk. Can it possibly be the starter or the starter relay?

Starter Replacement $154.22 - $1142.70 Get a Quote
Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote
Battery Replacement $200.97 - $319.07 Get a Quote

Hi there. Your issue of your car not wanting to start sounds more like a dead battery and will need to be replaced. The reason for this is because of you not being able to operate your windows or even being able to open your trunk, which is triggered by a small electrical current. As far as your car sounding like it didn’t want to stop cranking is due to your starter solenoid. This doesn’t always mean you have a bad starter, but is a good indication and you may need to replace your starter. However, this also could be due to not enough cranking amp in your battery. You can test your battery while it is still in your car. If you need to have this taken care of, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the starting problem and can replace the battery for you if needed.