Q: Car will not start after replacing timing belt, camshaft, crankshaft, and purge sensor

asked by on October 18, 2016

I just changed the timing belt, camshaft, crankshaft, and purge sensor. My car still wont start. Everything is lined up, and doubled checked. It just makes that noise but wont start. People said it may be my heads? Just need help.

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello.

If you have verified that everything is lined up as it needs to be, and that the engine is properly timed, then there may be another issue. I would double check to make sure that everything is hooked up correctly and working properly, particularly the crank position sensor, as it is required for the engine to run. It may also be possible that another issue, completely unrelated to the work done, is causing the problem, perhaps a fuel or ignition problem. If you are unsure, I would recommend having a professional technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect the no-start condition and make the necessary repairs.

Regards,

Eduardo YourMechanic