Q: Reduced engine power displayed car trying to stall in 1st gear motor shaking.

Reduced engine power displayed on dash with Check Engine Light. Changed out the accelerator pedal position sensor the message saying reduced engine power went away the car went back to driving fine. That was 4pm yesterday this morning on the way to work the message came back engine started shaking again.

Hi there. If the engine is shaking and the reduced engine power is displayed, then you need to check the engine for a misfire. Check the fuel injectors for if the are working properly. Disconnect the harness one at a time on the injectors with the engine running to see if the engine becomes more rough.

If there was no change to the engine, then the injector has failed. If all of the injectors are good, then you need to check the spark plugs for any hot spots and any burn spots. Look for the tip of the plug being white in color or soaked in gasoline. Change out the plugs that are burned or soaked in gasoline. If you need further assistance troubleshooting the loss of power, then seek out a technician, such as one from YourMechanic, that can assist you with your vehicle.

3. Reduced engine power displayed car trying to stall in 1st gear motor shaking.