Q: 2000 Honda Accord 3.0 V6 EX I have misfire problems when I turn it on and off multiple times in a daycodes areP0300P0301P0302P0304

I have a 2000 Honda Accord 3.0 V6 EX I have it for a little over a year. It started about 6 months ago if I have to drive my car all over town and turn it on and off multiple times I'll go to turn it over it won't go over 1000 rpms and then die I crank it again and have to keep pressing the gas to keep it running and if I don't throw it in reverse and drive quickly it will die but after I get it to run after a few times of that and drive it and turn it off and let it sit for at least 30 mins to an hour it will turn over just fine. It will only do it when it's turned on and off multiple times a day that's the only time it will do this. I have taken it to about 5 to 6 mechanics and they have all told me different things but they also told me they were just guessing that what they said might be the problem or might not be. Since this happened I have had loss of power in my engine and loss gas mileage I use to get close to 300 miles off one tank of gas now I get under 200 miles.

As you know, all of the codes you have listed relate to cylinder misfires. There are a few things that may cause this to happen while also causing a reduction in fuel economy as you have indicated. A faulty camshaft position sensor is one of them. The camshaft position sensor is a magnetic sensor that monitors camshaft speed to regulate ignition timing and fuel injection timing. It gathers and sends information about the car’s camshaft speed (and as a result the position of each piston) to the car’s electronic control module. This information is received by the computer, which then uses this data to further calculate the time of ignition and the timing of fuel injection required by the engine. When this is not working properly, you may experience a drop in power, poor idling, poor fuel mileage and problems starting the vehicle.

A clogged or failing catalytic converter can also cause the vehicle to have poor fuel economy. As you may already know, the catalytic converter converts toxic exhaust gases into less harmful pollutants that are suitable to be expelled into the atmosphere. When this is clogged, this causes these gases to be backed up into the exhaust system not allowing the engine to breathe properly. When this happens, the engine is forced to work much harder to expel these gases. This often results in the engine bogging down, hesitating, shaking and causing very poor fuel economy. As a result of this, the oxygen sensors may produce faulty readings resulting in incorrect fueling adjustments to be made which can also cause misfiring.

A clogged or dirty EGR valve may also cause poor fuel mileage. The EGR valve is a small component designed to allow the flow of exhaust gases into the intake manifold in controlled amounts. Whenever you start the engine, the valve comes alive and waits in a closed position, blocking the flow of exhaust gases. Once the engine reaches operating temperature and speed increases, the valve, either through vacuum or electronic control will gradually open, allowing burned exhaust gases to enter and combine with the air-fuel mixture inside the combustion chamber. When the EGR valve is clogged or dirty, as they are prone to be, it may not function properly causing the engine to idle rough or misfire, stall at idle speeds, cause the car to get poor fuel mileage, or emit a strong smell of fuel due to excess hydrocarbons which also results in failing emissions tests. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. 2000 Honda Accord 3.0 V6 EX I have misfire problems when I turn it on and off multiple times in a daycodes areP0300P0301P0302P0304