Q: My car shuts off while driving and light comes on and I can restart my car could it be alternator - 2006 Saturn Ion

Car shuts off when driving battery light comes on but battery is ok when I got it checked and they said it needs charged but could be alternator and battery eating the alternator

A: Hello. You should have the battery fully ch...

Hello. You should have the battery fully charged and then check the charging system to see if it is charging the battery. Replace the alternator if it is not charging. If you need help with this, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can inspect the charging system and proceed with any repairs needed.