Q: Wire shorted and truck won't start.

asked by on March 11, 2017

While swapping out the shifter (needed a new one with working tow/haul mode) a wire sparked and shorted something out and now it won't start.

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Further diagnosis will be necessary to find out which wire was shorted and the circuit that was affected by the electrical problem before the failed system or component can be determined. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out for a closer loo at the vehicle to offer a more personal diagnosis of your no start situation.