Q: My car is kinda low, i drove over a puddle on my way home amd now it's moist under my car mats why? Is that cause it's too low? 2011 BMW 328i

I drove through a puddle of water with my car and now I noticed a funny smell inside my car. I checked under my mats and it was some what moist. Could it be that water leaked through when I drove through the puddle? My car is pretty low too.

Hi there - while it’s possible that water intruded driving "over" a puddle, this seems unlikely in an age of quality, well-sealed cars. The immediate smell also suggests this is not water, but perhaps engine coolant leaking from the heater core (it would have a sweet smell). Check your engine coolant level, and if there is any question that you are losing coolant, I would recommend a coolant leak inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

• My car is kinda low, i drove over a puddle on my way home amd now it's moist under my car mats why? Is that cause it's too low? 2011 BMW 328i