Q: Temp gauge fluating between halfway and hot but runs at halfway mark on freeway but rises to hot at lights

My temp gauge started going from halfway to hot on g35 coupe yesterday slowly rising then back down again but my engine doesn't feel hot

Hi there. The temperature gauge fluctuating between halfway and hot, at stops, is most likely the radiator cooling fan(s) is inoperative. This could be caused by a blown fan fuse, a faulty cooling fan relay, a faulty cooling fan switch, and/or possibly a faulty cooling fan(s) motor. The cooling fan(s) are designed to come on with a/c engagement and turning on the a/c system, you should hear and see the radiator fan(s) turn on. Proper diagnoses should be performed to avoid unnecessary repairs. I recommend having your vehicle’s temperature gauge fluctuates be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.

• Temp gauge fluating between halfway and hot but runs at halfway mark on freeway but rises to hot at lights