I was driving had my car on gear and lost acceleration. I pushed the clutch in and put on gear but only grind but won't move?

I was driving and heard a crack pulled over and nothing drove it less than a mile and it stop accelerating. I put my car on gear pressing the clutch in and it stay on gear but only grinding and won't move. I also leave the gear in to see if the car would shut off but it stay on but it grind. I had to get it towed back home. Car is a Manuel transmission wit only 99xxx miles on it.

If the clutch lever, on the transmission, is functioning something has mechanically failed in the clutch and/or the transmission. If the clutch failed, and you heard gears grinding, as you tried to shift the transmission, some damage may have been done to the transmission. Even if just the clutch has failed, the engine and transmission will have to be separated to find the cause of the failure and worn out or broken parts will likely have to be replaced . To request an inspection, the recommended service is clutch system diagnostic. If you request that diagnostic, the responding certified mechanic will evaluate what you have and let you know of your repair options and costs. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.