Q: windshield wipers motor not working

asked by on December 19, 2016

hi the motor of the wipers does not work despite there is a current in the connector we have replaced the motor but the same problem is exist and the current to the connector
is exist when we turn the ignition off. is there any relation between the wipers system and the micro sensor on the hood. thanks golf fsi 1.6 2003

Wipers are not working Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. The issue is likely related to the switch and the ground. You may want to access a wiring diagram of the system to better understand. The power supply is always available at the wiper motor, regardless. The switch controls the ground connection that completes the circuit and allows the motor to turn on and use the available power supply. It is this connection that has likely failed. This may be due to poor wiring, a bad connection, or a bad switch. Inspect the switch and the ground connection for the wiper motor, as your issues likely involves these.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr