Q: Electrical problems after engine rebuild

I just had the engine rebuilt and I am having problems with the starting circuit, in addition to other electrical problems.

An inspection should be carried out to see if any part of the the wiring loom was crushed, pinched, or cut during the installation of the motor. A starting/charging system test can be performed to ensure proper operation and cranking voltage of the starter and alternator. All powers and grounds should be checked for proper voltages. Mechanical failures of the starter could have occurred. Also, make sure the teardown and rebuild process of your motor was done correctly. Any number of things could keep the motor from starting such as lack of fuel, incorrect spark, timing, air intake issues and more. I recommend a proper inspection of your vehicle in order to diagnose your car’s electrical issues.

3. Electrical problems after engine rebuild