Q: Car is idling at 1100 rpms

At idle, the car is idling at 1100 rpms. Fully warmed up the rpms remain the same. While driving and at a red light, it is still idling high. I put the car into neutral when I'm going to brake because it feels like the car wants to forcefully continue forward.

Hi, thanks for writing in. High engine idle can be caused by a number of different things. A stuck/binding throttle, vacuum leak, bad throttle position sensor, coolant or air flow sensor all can be the cause of a high idle speed. Have a certified technician perform a diagnosis for the high idle to find which is the cause. Continued driving with a high idle can cause poor fuel mileage and excessive brake wear, so I recommend doing this to avoid costly repairs. Best of luck and hope this helps!