Q: Coolant leaking onto engine

The coolant is leaking onto the engine and causing smoke to come out from under the hood.

Cooling system leaks will only get worse over time. Please note the cooling system should never be opened or checked with the engine hot or while the system is pressurized or serious injury could occur. If the leak source is not easily identified then a cooling system pressure test should be completed to locate the source of the leak. Once the leak is repaired another pressure test should be performed to ensure the system is fixed has no additional leaks. Common places where leaks occurs are at hoses, plastic tanks, sealing connections where components are bolted together such as the water pump or thermostat housing. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the equipment and expertise to repair the cooling system issue.

3. Coolant leaking onto engine