Q: ASD relay not activating

Durango will crank freely but won't start. The only codes showing were "Misfire Cyl 1" and "Misfire Cyl 3". As the most likely culprits, I changed the camshaft and crankshaft sensors. No luck. I started looking at the ASD relay & PCM. I found the ASD relay coil was not getting ground to activate. I can manually ground the coil and the vehicle will start. I found that on the PCM, Connector 3, Pin 3, that the ground signal was being sent from the PCM, but nothing was happening at the ASD relay. There is no continuity between the PCM Conn 3, Pin 3 and the coil. I can also jump from that pin to the relay coil and it starts OK. The closest wiring diagram I could find was for a 2004 Dakota, which indicates there is a direct connection from that pin to the relay coil. At the PCM, Conn 3 Pin 3, is a brown/white wire (maybe brown/grey?). At the relay coil is a brown/green. I need a full wiring diagram so that I know where that wire is going before it goes to the relay coil

Electric Problems Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. If you require an accurate wiring diagram you will be able to find one in the vehicle’s service manual, or a quality repair manual. You may also be able to acquire the diagrams through a dealership or shop, or possibly online. I would also test the ASD relay, as it may be possible that it has failed and is no longer switching properly, which would warrant a replacement. If you are unable to source a diagram or are unsure what the issue could be I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic visit your location to diagnose what may be causing the issue.