Q: how to find the engine number for accord v6 2000

where do you find the engine number on the engine and does the engine number match a number that is written on the sides of the hood?

Hi there. The engine code and VIN number are not the same thing, however, when a dealership looks up parts for your vehicle by the VIN number, the engine code will show up on their screen. To locate the engine code on your V6 engine, find the transmission fluid dip stick tube and look at the engine block. On the block you’ll find a metallic tag on the engine block that will give you the engine code. The best resource I have found to verify VIN number information about your vehicle is to click this link and enter your VIIN number.

3. how to find the engine number for accord v6 2000