Q: Service engine light blinks after 60 miles per hour - 2003 Chevrolet S10

asked by on October 07, 2016

When I am driving on the highway I will be going to a two-lane and I push the accelerator and downshift to pass a car and then when I let off the accelerator and trand should go back into overdrive it down shifts to a higher RPM and then the service engine light will blink about 13 times and then I'll stay solid I'm not exactly sure what it is I've heard a few different things but I need some expert advice

Throttle Position Sensor Replacement $129.21 - $646.10 Get a Quote
Car is hard to shift Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. Since the Check Engine Light is coming on, I usually scan the computer for codes first to see what comes up. The codes may or may not help me to diagnose the problem. From what you are explaining, this can be anything from a sticking valve in the transmission to a failure in the throttle position sensor or a number of other sensors. Most of the time this is a throttle position sensor problem. If you want to have this shifting problem looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.