Q: My car jumps when I go from brakes to gas

I'll be driving my car and come to either a stop sign or light, then when it comes time for me to ease onto my gas and go- its like it takes a second to realize i've pressed the gas and jumps to go. It scares me because I feel like something is wrong with my car or something is going to go wrong in the process of the jump. I can't just put my foot on the gas I must ease on the gas or it will jump even worse.

Hi There, It sounds like your car may be low on transmission fluid. Automatic transmissions use pressurized hydraulic fluid (Transmission fluid) to change gears. Every time a gear change is required, the car’s computer activates a transmission solenoid, which directs transmission fluid into the valve body to engage the correct gear. When this is faulty or not working properly, this can cause a delay in gear shifting or in some cases cause the car to not shift at all. This type of problem is amplified any time the transmission is low on fluid creating a drop in hydraulic pressure. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to perform a transmission fluid service on your car.