Q: Ratcheting sound in front left wheel area.

After shifting into drive and pushing down on accelorator hear the ratcheting sound I believe from left front wheel area. Sound always startles me to the point I immediately let up on gas. I press down again on pedal and sound is gone and drives as usual. This does not happen all the time but when it does it seems to occur after shiting out of park or reverse into drive and is much more likely to happen as I make a hard left turn especially as I attempt to go up a steeper grade. Could this be a bad CVC joint and would that be covered under the GM power-train warranty? Thanks a ton for your advice and time.

The noise is from within the transmission. This vehicle has had many noted complaints for various problems with these transmissions. I would recommend having a dealer check the transmission out since you are under warranty.

However, if you’d like a second opinion on this, consider YourMechanic. A certified mobile technician can come to you and diagnose the sound in person.