Q: my car is hesitant to accelerate when changing down to second gear uphill and sometimes it just won't accelerate.

My car just won't accelerate when going uphill, sometimes changing down to the second gear it still hesitate to accelerate. There's no engine light or what's so ever on the dash, I've changed the clutch kit on Thursday the 19th Jan 2017, and cleaned the TPS & MAF Sensor. The Fuel Pump was changed together with the it's filter and the O2 Sensor is also new. The last suspects are the injectors. I've literally changed all my sensor and also installed the new catalytic converter. I'm starting to worry that by the time I found out what the culprit is, I would have changed most engine components. The vehicle was even taken in for diagnosis, with hope that at least faults would be picked by the diagnostic machine. I'd really appreciate your advice. I thank you.

Hi there. What were the diagnostic results? What were the data readings from the ECM? What diagnostic process did you use to determine the other parts were in need of replacement? These are the questions that I ask anytime I am presented with a unique concern such as this one. Compare data reading to factory specs before replacing any parts; air flow meters can be presenting incorrect readings that are not considered faulty readings. The ECM will simply adjust fuel trim to compensate. Of course, the meter may not be changing the reading at all from idle; imagine how the ECM will react to increased throttle opening with an airflow reading that matches idle speed (lots of throttle and no air) or increased airflow without an increase in throttle position if the TPS is faulty (lots of air and no throttle). I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a car has low power inspection.

• my car is hesitant to accelerate when changing down to second gear uphill and sometimes it just won't accelerate.