Q: Engine code P0130 - Oxygen sensor

Hi my Toyota is has a code of P0130. I'm thinking of buying a new one... can you help me look deeper

A: The code is for the oxygen sensor not putti...

The code is for the oxygen sensor not putting out enough voltage, causing the vehicle to run rich all the time since the computer thinks it is running lean until the computer reaches its rich limit. Check the oxygen sensor for signs it has undercoating on it that may cause the sensor also not to work as it should.

Scan the computer codes and monitor data for the sensor to see if you can cause the engine to go rich or lean as instructed in the pinpoint test for the code P0130, and replace sensor and clear the codes.

I recommend having a certified mechanic perform an inspection to determine what is wrong and replace the oxygen sensor if needed.