I have a 98 Toyota 4Runner and my brother put the car bat...

Q: I have a 98 Toyota 4Runner and my brother put the car battery on backwards and it like had an explosion when we jump start it

asked by on May 26, 2017

My brother put the car battery on backwards and when were gonna jump start the car as soon as the wires touched the battery it exploded? Now my car won't turn on?

Hello. When this occurs it will blow several fuses in the fuse box, it can burn some fusible links, and it can even damage the computers. I usually check and replace the fuses first and then recheck it. If the issue continues then the computer will need to be tested. If you need some help with this, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the vehicle will not start] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-is-not-starting-inspection