Q: Transmission stuck in fourth gear

asked by on November 26, 2016

One morning got in truck and the transmission was stuck in fourth gear and the trans. Temp was not reading had the shift solenoid replaced now it is reading code p0750 and the trans temp is still not reading

Hi - most likely there is a problem in the valve body with this hydraulic circuit. The P0750 shift solenoid message, while accurate relative to which circuit is involved, may have only been the symptom, not the cause. A sticking piston in the valve body may be the cause. I would recommend taking your truck to a reputable transmission shop for a thorough diagnosis of the transmission for this issue.