Q: Loud jet engine noise when accelerating and when turning on AC

My Dodge has 50,000 miles on it. And lately it makes a sound coming from under the hood like a jet engine. It gets louder when I accelerate. And then when I shift gears the noise isn't as loud. When I turn on the AC the noise gets louder. What could be causing this noise?

A few different things can cause this fault. Though 50,000 miles seems a bit early for most of them, the usual causes for the loud noise include: a failed idler, a faulty belt tensioner, an air leak, an exhaust leak, or a cracked intake could all contribute to these symptoms. If you want to have the faulty component verified, a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your AC issue and perform any repairs required.