Q: Loud jet engine noise when accelerating and when turning on AC

My Dodge has 50,000 miles on it. And lately it makes a sound coming from under the hood like a jet engine. It gets louder when I accelerate. And then when I shift gears the noise isn't as loud. When I turn on the AC the noise gets louder. What could be causing this noise?

A few different things can cause this fault. Though 50,000 miles seems a bit early for most of them, the usual causes for the loud noise include: a failed idler, a faulty belt tensioner, an air leak, an exhaust leak, or a cracked intake could all contribute to these symptoms. If you want to have the faulty component verified, a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your AC issue and perform any repairs required.

3. Loud jet engine noise when accelerating and when turning on AC