Q: Q: Sunroof won't close all the way

The sunroof on my car isn't closing. It shuts halfway, or maybe just up to where it should close all the way, then it reverses direction and opens again. I have to push it from the end part to get it closed. There's nothing visible blocking the tracks. Other than maybe needing a little grease, what else could cause this?

This is caused by a combination of the reversing mechanism built in the motor and the slides getting dry of lubricant. You could have the tracks and slides cleaned and lubricated to see if it helps. If it still does it then the motor may need to be replaced or the entire sunroof system is binding and needs replaced. It works just like a window regulator, and when the cable or pulleys wear out it will bind and not close the window. I recommend keeping it closed till you can get it checked out so you are not stuck with it open. A certified mobile mechanic from YourMechanic can inspect your sunroof issues at your home or office.

3. Q: Sunroof won't close all the way