Q: Shop diagnosed problem as right rear wheel speed sensor, but don't know exact problem????? Any help

asked by on October 12, 2016

abs and traction control light come on in the dashboard

Hello. If a shop diagnosed the right rear wheel speed sensor as the problem then they must have found the wheel sensor not putting out the same signal as all the other three wheel sensors. Also, the scanner would have gave a code to the sensor at fault. This does not mean that the sensor is at fault even though it most likely is the problem. The system would need to have the sensor tested to see if it is the sensor and not a computer or wiring problem. If you need a second opinion, have another technician inspect the traction control light in order to have this issue repaired.