Q: Burning smell from under the hood and I don't know what it is.

asked by on December 18, 2015

Burning smell coming from under the hood and entering cabin.

Smoke from engine or exhaust Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The smell of something burning could be many different problems from something stuck to the exhaust like a plastic bag to oil or coolant leaks on the engine. The smell comes into the passenger compartment through the air intake vents and cannot be avoided. My recommendation would be to have a qualified technician do a thorough check of the engine and exhaust to isolate the burning smell and then diagnose the problem for you.