Q: its time for transmission service, it is better to go with a transmission flush or go with Transmission service.

I have been told that transmission flush is not the way to go because it does not change the filter and clean the pan and then I have been told the flush is the better way because it removes all the old fluid from the system. Please set me straight on this

Changing the transmission fluid and filter is perfectly adequate and, of course, while the pan is off the pan and pan magnet should be thoroughly cleaned (with a lint free cloth!). There is no need to flush the transmission. The service is relatively costly and is indeed sub-optimal if the pan is not removed and the filter changed. It is much more effective to simply change the fluid, at intervals specified by the manufacturer, or every 75,000 miles or so. If you desire this service, please request transmission fluid/filer change and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. its time for transmission service, it is better to go with a transmission flush or go with Transmission service.