Q: No power, used a working battery car won't start

asked by on May 08, 2017

I own a 09 Acura tsx and I'm having a problem. I put a battery from a working car into mine. And I'm not getting any power anywhere. No interior lights come on, I'm not getting any sparks from the positive terminal to the working battery. It's not trying to crank over or nothing . Anyone suggest a fix for this ? Thanks in advanced

Check for a failed or inadequate battery ground at the body. If the battery is used, to determine the battery’s condition it must be load tested. If the battery passes a load test, confirm that the engine immobilizer system (security system) is not activated thus preventing the car from starting. If the immobilizer system is on, you may see a security warning light. If the warning light is on, to temporarily override the immobilizer system, see these instructions.

With a working battery, and a fully tested (by voltage drop testing) ground, if there is no power to any circuit, that means a main fuse or relay has failed. Mechanics will simply use the Factory Service Manual wiring diagram and begin at the beginning, which is the battery. Using a volt ohmmeter, simply trace the major circuits and the interruption (circuit fault) will come into view, usually pretty quickly. If you want these diagnostic steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an electrical system diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.