Q: Thumping noise when turning

I've been hearing a thumping noise when I make a turn from the rear passenger side. I took my car in for service and was told I needed a new cv replacement boot and axle on the front passenger side. Had the repair done and still hear the noise from the rear. Was this misdiagnosed?

What you are describing sounds like a wheel bearing that may be starting to fail. A wheel bearing will usually fail due to pitting or small damage on the surface of the rollers or the bearing race. Both the surface of the rollers and the race is precision machined to tight tolerances and highly polished to allow the rollers to pass easily over the race with the addition of bearing grease for lubrication and cooling. Over time the bearing will wear slightly, allowing microscopic pieces of metal into the grease. These microscopic pieces of metal, as well as any contamination that gets into the bearing, will wear away at the highly polished surfaces causing pitting and deformation. Since so much weight is riding on your wheel bearings, and so much load is put on them in corners, even the smallest amount of surface damage to your bearing can cause a lot of noise. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Thumping noise when turning