Q: My Chevr HHR (2006) has milky oil, and white smoke puffs out of the dipstick tube. The car doesn't overheat,and the heater works.

My 2006 HHR just had an oil change. It does not overheat, and has heat in the car. After driving the car for the day, I checked the oil and saw that it looked milky,and white smoke was puffing out of dipstick tube. So it's getting water in there somehow. Now, with the car not overheating and seems to run as normal..What could be causing this

Coolant is leaking Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Check for any change in coolant level in the overflow reservoir. If no change over, say, 500 miles, you simply have a high level of condensation because there is absolutely no other source of water to the engine. You can also pressure test the cooling system although if the internal leak is very tiny, it will be hard to distinguish in a pressure test. To determine if a leak exists, and get the required repair estimated, please request an engine cooling system leak diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr