Q: Car completely died with all symptoms of bad altenator while it was raining next day starts right up what could that be?

I was driving in the rain first all my dash lights cut out and my radio screen then I just wanted to get home so I drove straight home I didn't make it the car ended up dying on me so the next day I went to go have it towed to have a fixed and it started right up in the last few weeks it's been doing some weird stuff like the windows get stuck down one night my high beams got stuck on in and wouldn't go off and then after a little while they just started flashing on and off no matter what I did I couldn't stop it in my trunk keeps popping by itself please someone help me tell me what what could this possibly be

A: Hello and thank you for writing in. With th...

Hello and thank you for writing in. With the multi symptoms that you are experiencing with your vehicle, there are a couple things that are wrong. The first thing is the ignition switch probably failing. All of your power devices in the vehicle are turned on with the key in the ignition. Some options with the stereo and trunk are obtained with the key on or the button pushed on the key remote access. I recommend replacing the ignition switch that matches your ignition key. I also recommend replacing the battery in the remote to your vehicle. These repairs should fix the multiple issues. A certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the starting troubles and perform the necessary repairs to get your car back on the road.