Q: Engine light came on, code P0740, clutch converter circuit open!

TL came with check engine light code P0740, CC circuit open, flushed tran. fluid, replaced filter, still coming back, what is it? There is not driving issues, just the check engine light on, and VSS light comes on and off.

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your 2004 Acura TL. A common transmission issue with this generation TL. No other way to say it but the transmission is on its way out. Acura does not recommend rebuilding or replacing certain parts and then reinstalling the transmission. The only certain repair is a new or completely rebuilt transmission and torque converter replacement. If you would like to have this verified, a professional technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the Check engine Light and relevant systems to determine what fixes will work.

3. Engine light came on, code P0740, clutch converter circuit open!