Q: What could be cuasing my problems?

asked by on August 12, 2016

It started raining and when i went to start it it was like the battery died and then started. While i was driving the speed guage was being messed up and like fluctuating or seeming like the speed couldnt be right. Wasnt doing that earlier just after it started raining never did it in the rain before

Hi there.

Rain or condensation can cause havoc with many electrical systems; especially if there are exposed wires or components that are getting wet. This can cause short circuiting situations and gauges to "act weird" like you’re describing.

As there are several potential causes of these problems, the best bet is to have a local ASE certified mechanic complete an electrical component inspection in order to determine what is causing the issue so it can be repaired quickly.