Q: Lose of power when running, and the tac stopped working.

I was driving when tac gauges stopped working, and there was a loss of power. Truck stopped running

Hello. The vehicle likely stalled due to a lack of gas, or a poor air fuel mixture. This is what caused the drop in RPMs and for the tachometer gauge to drop. The first thing to do is turn the vehicle to the "On" position. Listen for the faint "whirling" of the fuel pump priming. If you do not hear anything, there is a chance the fuel pump has failed and will need to be replaced. With the age of the vehicle, if the pump has never been replaced, it wouldn’t be uncommon for it to fail. Another way to test the fuel system is to hook up an inline gauge and test the fuel pressure after the filter. A clogged fuel filter can also cause these similar symptoms, but they tend to not be so sudden.