Q: My car wont start the indicator show its on reverse but its on parking 2008 Nissan Xterra

asked by on February 12, 2017

I started my car i was reversing i put it on drive it still went on reverse so i turn the car off put it back on parking i turm it back on it the engine wouldn't start

Car is hard to shift Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there - your symptoms suggest that the shifter cable has worn sufficiently to prevent proper gear selection, or has come loose from either the shifter or the transmission proper. I recommend a shifter inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, confirm this diagnosis, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.