Q: My car wont start the indicator show its on reverse but its on parking 2008 Nissan Xterra

I started my car i was reversing i put it on drive it still went on reverse so i turn the car off put it back on parking i turm it back on it the engine wouldn't start

Hi there - your symptoms suggest that the shifter cable has worn sufficiently to prevent proper gear selection, or has come loose from either the shifter or the transmission proper. I recommend a shifter inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, confirm this diagnosis, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. My car wont start the indicator show its on reverse but its on parking 2008 Nissan Xterra