Q: Exhaust spacers

I decided I wanted to make my stock exhaust louder so I added 3 small washer on each bolt right behind the muffler. This creates a small gap. I have noticed a leak from gap. My question is: how dangerous is this? Do the fumes really go into the cabin?

Hello - this is not a good idea for several reasons. Yes, exhaust fumes can really be pulled into the cabin by a window that is down, or through a rear hatch. In addition, the leaked exhaust, which is still rather hot at this point, may be exiting the pipe near a fuel or brake line - not a safe or happy combination. If you want a "sportier" exhaust sound, pick one of the many aftermarket suppliers of a sport exhaust. For the sake of everyone in the car, just make sure the exhaust flange has a good seal, and the exhaust exits at the rear of the car.