Q: Transmission light flashing

The transmission orange light is flashing. The fluid seems fine or maybe needs a few quarts.

Hi. Transmission light usually flashes due to overheating. If the fluid is low, it is possible for the transmission to overheat. Depending on how much it overheats, the remaining fluid can be pushed out of the vent tube. Low fluid levels and overheating will cause internal transmission damage. There are special procedures for checking transmission fluid. I would consult your vehicles manual for the proper procedure and fluid type to add if it is low.