Q: Transmission leaking

asked by on February 03, 2016

The transmission is making a noise and has leaked fluid from the clutch fork boot, which is ripped. The transmission fill plug is chewed up and I cannot remove it.

With the fill plug chewed up, you will not be able to check the fluid quality or level in your gearbox. You will need to have a technician equipped with an extractor to remove the plug, check fluid level and quality. If there is internal failure, the fluid will smell burnt and contain metallics. YourMechanic can inspect your transmission for leaks and determine the needed repairs.