Q: I Had my oil changed on 5/28/16. On 5/31/16 the check engine light came on. On 6/5/16 the low oil pressure turn off engine came on

I Had my oil changed on 5/28/16. On 5/31/16 the check engine light came on. On 6/5/16 the low oil pressure turn off engine light came on. My question would be this. Did something happen during the oil change? The oil was changed and it is full. It does not overheat nor does it make any noise. It runs great.

Hello,

From what you describe it would not appear to me that something went wrong during your oil change.

If the level is correct on the dipstick and the engine runs and sounds okay, then it is probably something else.

A likely cause for a problem such as this can be a defective oil pressure sensor, or wiring.

Virtually all vehicles have a dedicated oil sensor that will monitor oil pressure of the engine and set off a warning light if it falls to low, in order to protect the engine. If the sensor fails however, it can send a false reading to the computer or gauge, and cause the warning light to activate by mistake.

I would recommend having the vehicle’s oil pressure sensor tested for accuracy, and if necessary the engine’s oil pressure to make sure that there is no issue with the oil pump or system of the engine, as unlikely as that may be.

I’d recommend having a certified mechanic inspect the vehicle for you, they will be able to check for these failures and diagnose your Check Engine Light in order to get your car running normally again.

Regards,

Eduardo YourMechanic

3. I Had my oil changed on 5/28/16. On 5/31/16 the check engine light came on. On 6/5/16 the low oil pressure turn off engine came on