Q: Put in gear but car won't move

Ttansmission was in limp mode I've replaced conductor plate cause bad speed sensors and replaced shift module and tcu then I put in gear and after maybe a minute falls out of gear now put in D or R and nothing it's like it's in neutral there are no faults or c odes

Hi there. That’s an interesting concern you’ve described. With no codes present, verify proper transmission fluid condition, level, and type. Once you have verified the fluid type, level, and condition inspect the shift cable connector; usually located toward the rear of the transmission, to see if it may be broken.

If the shift cable connector is broken, the cable cannot put the transmission into the proper gear selection; you may be stuck in park or neutral. Replacing of the shift cable connector requires removal of the pan and certain components inside the transmission.

If you’re unable to do this yourself, YourMechanic has several technicians available to provide a transmission inspection to pinpoint the concern.