Q: Distronic plus, parktronic inoperative, pre-safe limited, ECS off during driving.

asked by on April 18, 2017

After getting an ECU tune from Eurocharged, and done service B3 on last Friday, I drove all the way to vegas without any issue. However, I was driving on my way back to LA from vegas using the distronic plus cruise last night, suddenly I felt a stun of the car and the screen showed distronic plus inoperative, parktronic inoperative, pre-safe limited ECS off and completely lost throttle. Had to pull over and restart the engine then everything looked fine except the engine light. Later, the car was feeling slow and the RPM won't go over 4k. It happened again about 30 minutes later. I was lucky that no car was behind me since it's almost midnight but I felt very unsafe. I am a new owner of this CPO 2012 cls63. The mileage is around 31500 miles now. I am not sure if it's caused by the ECU tune.

Hello, thank you for writing in. There are two possibilities that are most likely at this point. Either the run-up caused the issue, or an underlying issue caused the need for a tune-up. The best place to start is to have the vehicle scanned for diagnostic troubleshooting codes. These will give you a list of all problems found by the vehicle’s computer, and help narrow down possibile issues to a particular system or component. With the age of the vehicle, you should not be experiencing any critical flaws at this point. The ECU may be faulty to begin with. Only further testing will tell. For more help with diagnostics, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.