Q: Alignment - 2007 Lincoln MKX

When getting an alignment do I have to get new tires and how often should I renew my tires meaning how often should I purchase new tires for my vehicle.

A: For an alignment to be as precise as possib...

For an alignment to be as precise as possible, the used tires on the car have to have reasonably uniform wear. The best alignment results will be obtained with new tires, but so long as the tires that you have are not worn unevenly, it is possible to align a car with acceptable results using the existing "used" tires, in fact that is how most cars are aligned.

Tires must be rotated every 6,000 miles. That is the only way to maximize the value of your tire purchase and also avoid uneven wear that will cause problems such as vibration. All tires are sold with tread wear ratings and the service life of currently marketed tires varies widely. Your best bet by far is to consult the publication "Consumer Reports" in order to make an intelligent selection of the best tires for your vehicle. For decades, "Consumer Reports" has conducted an exhaustive and objective tire testing program and their effort on this saves you the trouble of having to do research anew to find the best tires.