Q: car not accelerating properly, only gets half way to the speed

My Buick has 83K miles on it. When I accelerate the car it doesn't go up to a normal speed. It only goes half the speed. What could be wrong?

Many different things can cause the car to lack power. Most of these will be seen with a Check Engine Light to indicate there is a fault. The most common issues involved in this scenario are problems with the fuel filter, alternator, fuel pump, or a misfire condition. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your acceleration issue and perform any repairs required.

3. car not accelerating properly, only gets half way to the speed