Q: car not accelerating properly, only gets half way to the speed

My Buick has 83K miles on it. When I accelerate the car it doesn't go up to a normal speed. It only goes half the speed. What could be wrong?

Many different things can cause the car to lack power. Most of these will be seen with a Check Engine Light to indicate there is a fault. The most common issues involved in this scenario are problems with the fuel filter, alternator, fuel pump, or a misfire condition. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your acceleration issue and perform any repairs required.