Q: When I start my car, it turns over fast, but has issues. I often have to give it a little gas to get it to run normally.

Sometimes when it starts the RPMs go up and down, other times it just starts and dies right away. If I turn the ignition and give it some gas when it starts, the RPMs go up before coming back down and leveling out - running normally. I have no issues with the car once it is running, no loss of power going up hills, etc.

Car is hard to start Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. There is a possible pin hole leak on the fuel system that is drawing in air into the fuel system. This will make the engine stumble as it is trying to start, but when the fuel is moving constantly, then hole is plugged off. The hole is big enough to draw air in but not leak out any fuel. Look over the fuel system and see if anything is wet from fuel or if there is any punctures. If you need further assistance with your engine starting with having to pump the gas pedal, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.