Q: O/D light flashes,car bucks, brakes seizing, and sputtering.

asked by on February 12, 2017

Help! My car is sputtering as of today, the overdrive light flashes on and the car bucks when it goes over 40/mph....we've gotten an oil change,new battery, brakes were recently replaced...what is wrong with my poor car??

Gears slipping when accelerating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Check the transmission and see if there is an oil leak. If the transmission oil is full, then there could be an issue inside the transmission causing the vehicle to sputter as the overdrive clutch is engaged. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your transmission for a possible slippage to the overdrive clutch.