Q: O/D light flashes,car bucks, brakes seizing, and sputtering.

Help! My car is sputtering as of today, the overdrive light flashes on and the car bucks when it goes over 40/mph....we've gotten an oil change,new battery, brakes were recently replaced...what is wrong with my poor car??

Hi there. Check the transmission and see if there is an oil leak. If the transmission oil is full, then there could be an issue inside the transmission causing the vehicle to sputter as the overdrive clutch is engaged. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your transmission for a possible slippage to the overdrive clutch.

3. O/D light flashes,car bucks, brakes seizing, and sputtering.